Bradproof Brella Waterproofer (Bradmill)
BradProof is a water-based treatment that will restore a water repellent finish and inhibit mildew growth on used canvas goods.
DO NOT APPLY TO NEW CANVAS it is unnecessary and may lead to impairment of appearance.
Used for reproofing canvas products that have been incorrectly cleaned (removing the original water proofing).
- Apply with a sponge mop, brush or roller.
- Coverage - approximately 6 square meters per litre.
- Do not apply to new canvas; it is unnecessary and may lead to impairment of appearance.
- Bradproof will slightly whiten dark colours.
While this product will impart waterproofing properties to canvas goods the manufacturer cannot assume responsibility for the result obtained since pre-treatment conditions and application method are beyond their control.
Do not apply to new canvas it is unnecessary and may lead to impairment of appearance.
Easily applied, this compound will impart water repellency to all canvas products.*
Preparing the article for treatment:
- Best results and easier application are achieved when the article is in a taut position items such as tents or annexes should be erected with doorways and windows closed. Where this is not possible, spread on a clean surface.
- Remove any dust or dirt by lightly brushing. Severe soiling should be removed with clean, warm water do not use any soap, detergent or other cleaning agents.
- For mildewed fabric, a pretreatment with sodium hypochlorite bleach** (diluted 1 part bleach to 3 parts water) is recommended to remove growth and spores (be sure to carefully read and follow any safety directions outlined by the bleach supplier).
- Before applying bleach, check the fabric colour is not affected by applying a small amount of the diluted solution to an inconspicuous part of the fabric.
- Apply diluted solution to canvas with a soft brush. Allow to sit for 15 minutes then RINSE THOROUGHLY insufficient rinsing may result in fabric damage and interfere with water repellency.
- Allow item to dry completely before applying BradProof WATER PROOFING TREATMENT.
and the method of application are beyond their control.
** Suitable products include Domestos› and White King›. (Registered trademarks of Lever-Rexona and Sara Lee Household & Body Care, respectively) BradProof & BrellaGuard
are registered trademarks of Bradmill Outdoor Fabrics
- Read all directions carefully before commencing.
- Work outdoors, or in a well-ventilated area.
- Select a warm, sunny day to apply treatment.
- Some settling of the compound may occur. Ensure that the compound is thoroughly mixed before use. SHAKE WELL.
- BradProof will slightly whiten colour of fabric (particularly dark colours). Test the effects in an inconspicuous area and allow to dry before assessing results. Where a colour change is not acceptable and mildew is not present, BrellaGuard BIONIC TREATMENT is recommended.
- Compound can be applied with a sponge mop, cloth swab, brush or roller.
- Apply the compound evenly to both sides of the canvas (unless fabric is striped or patterned, when only the underside should be coated to avoid impairment of the pattern).
- For maximum effectiveness, allow to dry completely before exposing to moisture, or folding and storing the article.
Drying Time: Approximately 48 hours if allowed to dry in warm, sunny conditions.
Clean-up: Wash brushes and rollers etc, in water.
Coverage: Depending on fabric weight, 1 litre will treat approximately 6 square metres (underside only) or 3 square metres (if both sides of fabric are treated).
- Keep out of children's reach.
- Dangerous if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not treat tents, annexes etc, from the inside and allow to dry completely before occupying.
- If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting, but give plenty of water or milk and contact doctor or Poisons Information Centre immediately.
- If contact with skin, wash affected areas with soap and plenty of water.
- If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ansco Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.